The Australian Securities and Investments Commission collects personal information on the Financial Capability website about people who are interested in being part of our Community of Practice or who deliver financial capability and wellbeing initiatives aligned to the 2018 National Financial Capability Strategy.
The terms ‘personal information’ and ‘sensitive information’ used in this notice have the same meanings as they have under section 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
By joining our Financial Capability Network, you consent to ASIC sharing your details with Campaign Monitor, for use in relation to this service.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you if wish to join our Financial Capability Network which includes the following information:
- your name and contact information (including email address),
- if you wish, the name of your organisation and any financial capability program you deliver,
- your feedback on any issues with our website or the services we provide, and
- details of your visits to the website logged through your browser for statistical purposes.
We only collect personal information from you that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our services offered through the Financial Capability website.
Without collecting your personal information, we may be limited in our ability to deliver our services to you, which could have an adverse effect on the success of any financial capability and wellbeing related initiative that you are responsible for delivering.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing services at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the emails you receive through this service or by emailing us your request to unsubscribe.
How we collect information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you through Campaign Monitor, our contracted service provider.
At times, we may also collect personal information from others, including your employers or others in your organisation, that have given us permission to add you to our network.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purpose set out above. We may also use or disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- an Australian court or tribunal, or
- law enforcement agencies to investigate any suspected breaches of law.
We may also disclose your personal information to others where:
- you have consented to the disclosure,
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose the personal information and it is for a related purpose, or
- we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary for law enforcement activities.