All material that ASIC publishes, either online or offline, is subject to copyright. There is some material on this website you can reproduce without our approval, but other material requires our permission first.
Linking to the Financial Capability website
ASIC welcomes links from your website to the Financial Capability website. When linking to our site, please observe the following conditions:
- Links can go to any page on our site, not just the homepage
- The context in which a link is inserted must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us, and must not embarrass us
- Links within your content must clearly take visitors to our website (e.g. pages must open in a new window and not appear as part of your navigation)
- The ASIC and the Financial Capability logos must not be reproduced on your website.
Linking from the Financial Capability website
We generally only link to websites of Government agencies, consumer advocates, financial counsellors, peak industry bodies or other organisations whose content:
- complements the relevant information on the Financial Capability website
- strengthens the key messages of the website or of particular ASIC campaigns
- does not compromise the independence and impartiality of our information.
When referring to content on the Financial Capability website, we prefer that you link to the actual page on our website on which the relevant content appears. This ensures you are directing people to up-to-date content.
If you still wish to reproduce actual extracts of our content on your website, newsletter or other publication or communication channel, you may do so on the following conditions:
- the material must be unaltered, and
- the source and date it was extracted are clearly acknowledged.
For example: ‘Source: Financial Capability website, www.financialcapability.gov.au, 30 November 2011’
You must not reproduce multiple pages or whole sections of our website on your website, newsletter or other publication or communication channel, without obtaining written permission from us.
Brochures and other downloadable documents
When referring to our brochures or other downloadable documents (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc), we prefer that you link to the relevant webpage on the Financial Capability website that contains the download link, rather than a PDF. The reason is that the actual link may change or the content may be updated.
You may reproduce actual extracts of our brochures or downloadable documents, newsletters or other publications or communication channels, as long as the material is unaltered and the source and the date extracted are clearly acknowledged.
For example: ‘Source: Financial Capability website, www.financialcapability.gov.au, 30 March 2011’
You must not make any of our brochures or documents downloadable from your own website.
You must not reproduce a whole brochure or downloadable document in your own publication without obtaining written permission from us.
The ASIC and MoneySmart logos must never be reproduced. The only exception is when ASIC or MoneySmart are part of a joint publication, event or campaign. In these circumstances, you will need to email us to obtain our permission.
Once you have read the conditions above, you should email us to seek our permission before reproducing any content where permission is required.